Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shit List #2

Next on my list: People who honk in tunnels.  Now this, I admit, was brought more clearly to my attention by living in Monterey.  However, it applies to anyone who honks in a tunnel for fun, ESPECIALLY if that tunnel is within a mile of any residential area.
I have been living in Monterey for over 3 years now and I have to take a tunnel almost every day.  Let me tell you something: I can count on ONE hand the number of times I have gone through that tunnel without one person honking.  I joke with my husband that we should have a worker injury-like sign above the tunnel that says "Lighthouse Tunnel: Asshole-Free Since___."  And then we would just have to write in NEVER because there's always someone honking.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is either.  It could be 11 at night and these jerk-offs would be laying on their horn.
So, here's my message to people who honk in tunnels-- GROW THE F&^%K UP.  It's fine to have superstitions like holding your breath while driving past graveyards or knocking on your dashboard when you see a police car.  You know why?  Because those things don't annoy EVERYONE around you and depreciate property value for poor deafened families who will go through their lives with some kind of special tinnitus from honking assholes!  Think about someone other than yourself for once and find a way to have fun that DOESN'T hurt and irritate everyone around you.
This is your warning, honkers.  You are on my shit list.

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell Jason to stop doing that. ;o)

    ReplyDelete